Getting Your Sex Life Back on Track through Useful Tips
Not having a healthy sex life can create problems in your personal relationship. Many a times, you might not feel the urge to have sex. This could be due to low libido levels. There are a lot of factors that contribute to low libido levels, few of which will be discussed in this article.
Physical or Hormonal Changes Cause Low Libido Levels
Many women undergo hormonal changes that can hamper their sex lives. During menopause, the estrogen levels drop and this can lead to vaginal dryness in turn leading to uncomfortable or painful sex. Similarly, women who are pregnant or breast-feeding might experience low libido levels due to fatigue or worry over taking care of their baby.
Talking about the physical changes, some of the reasons why women might experience a drop in their libido levels would be:
- Medical issues such as cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure or any other medical condition
- Women who have recently undergone surgery in their genitals or breast might experience lack of sex drive
- Sexual issues or disorders can also hamper your sexual relationship with your partner
- Poor lifestyle habits such as alcohol consumption, cigarette smoking or poor eating habits can deprive your body of necessary nutrients that can contribute to your overall sexual health
- Women on prescription or contraceptive pills can bring down the testosterone levels in the body leading to poor sex drive
Past Experiences or Issues Can Women Shy from Sex
Women who have had bad experiences about sex might find it hard to trust their partners and commit themselves. In such situations, men should be extremely patient and talk it out with their partners. They need to take it slow.
Low libido can also be caused due to anxiety, stress or depression. Women are extremely conscious about their appearance. This is one of the reasons why they find it difficult to indulge in sexual activities with their partners.
When it comes to relationships, communication plays a very important role. If there are any issues or problem in your relationship, do not hesitate to talk it out with your partner. Sit and talk it out with each other and understand the root cause of the problem.
Natural Ways to Boost Your Libido Levels
Keeping your body fit and healthy can help in boosting your libido levels. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet. Purchase herbal supplements that contains ingredients such as maca, ginseng, muira puama and damiana.
Come up with new and interesting ways to spice up your sex life. Learn about tantric sex and take your time exploring each other. Create an ambience with lighted candles, dim lights to get you in the mood for some hot and steamy sex.
An interesting research conducted by Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago found that sniffing licorice or cucumber can help to heighten your libido levels. There is no ham in trying such stuff if it works in your favor.